5 Thought-Provoking Questions for Solopreneurs

Dan Kulkov
7 replies
Hey everyone Every Friday, I share 7 fresh ideas for Indie Entrepreneurs in my newsletter Weekly Dan (https://makerbox.ck.page/weekly-dan) My favorite block — thought-provoking question. So here are 5 questions from recent issues that are still on my mind: [1] What areas don't require fixing? When you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail. - You improve the landing page and accidentally change the perfect email sequence - You change the monetization model because one customer didn’t like it You don’t need to change your marketing every 2 weeks just to feel alive. 1. Find 3 areas that work flawlessly right now. 2. Write them down 3. Don’t do anything with them [2] How much are you responsible for the result? It’s appealing to get distant. You just give the tools, people decide how to use them. But here is the trick. The higher your involvement is, the more likely people can achieve the promised transformation and the more likely they will agree to start. Skin in the game = money in your pocket. [3] What is your verb? Your audience doesn’t want to be marketed. They want to be inspired, empowered, engaged, enlightened, surprised, understood, and thrilled. Instead of solving Jobs-To-Be-Done. Make sure you nail Feeling-To-Be-Experienced. [4] What piece of advice are you ignoring? Not every tip is worth listening to. Maybe it contradicts your ethics. Or maybe you agree with it but don’t have enough time for the execution. The key trick is to understand your “Why?” behind it. And make sure it’s still reasonable. Here are 3 tips I am ignoring these days: - Launching a high-ticket human-touch product. I know I can earn more money by going on Zoom calls with people. But I would hate the process. - Writing content with AI. There are enough platitudes on the Internet already. I don’t want to waste Solopreneurs’ time with another tool listicle. - Audience building outside of Twitter. Creators are hyped about LinkedIn. But I can’t overcome its cringe. [5] What one product can you launch in one month? MVPs are meant to be built in 30 days. 1. Pick one use case 2. Create a minimalistic solution to nail it 3. Build a short landing page with an excellent offer for early users. It shouldn’t be more complicated than this. Works with side-project marketing, high-ticket, and content products.

Replies

Robert Cox
A third area that works flawlessly right now is my social media engagement, as I've built a strong community that actively interacts with my posts, shares them, and leaves thoughtful comments.
Janine N
"Instead of solving Jobs-To-Be-Done. Make sure you nail Feeling-To-Be-Experienced." Also "what piece of advice are you ignoring?" So many people share feedback and advice unsolicited and also sometimes although they don't know what they are talking about. It's important to always listen because you never know what you might learn, but you don't have to put every bit of advice into action.
Vera Mur
Great insights, particularly resonated with the idea of not 'fixing' what isn't broken. This provides a refreshing take on constant tweaking. Also, understanding one's own reasons for ignoring certain advice is an underrated practice 💪
Kavita
I feel the same about LinkedIn. There is just too much noise on there. Also, I just hate its inbox/chat UI which means I'd really rather not use it.
James
Thanks for sharing these thought-provoking questions from your newsletter. What one product can you launch in one month? The concept of an MVP (minimum viable product) is powerful for testing ideas and getting early feedback. By focusing on one specific use case, creating a minimalistic solution, and crafting a compelling offer, you can launch a product within a month. This approach allows you to iterate and improve based on real user feedback while keeping the development process streamlined and efficient https://welpix.com/cosmetic-phot...