• Subscribe
  • What is your most unconventional marketing/sales campaign, and was it successful?

Florian Myter
    9 replies
    Question pretty much says it all 😃 I'll go first! Campaign: We're a figma-based form building tool and decided to redesign contact forms we found on peoples' websites for free and send it to them. Did it work: No ... absolutely not. 0% response rate, goes down as our worst campaign ever 😬

Replies

Chris Lester
    I'd say the most unconventional marketing campaign I've been involved with was hiring an agency to like, comment, tweet, share, etc. our posts on Twitter, Facebook and IG. We created a fake community, basically. That campaign was very effective and generated more than $2 million in sales (in 18 months) with $0 'ad spend'
    Florian Myter
    @chrislester Waw, I always wondered whether building fake communities was worth it or only served to install initial social authority. Thanks for sharing, not a lot of people openly talk about this !
    Philipp Shay
    5 years ago, I conducted a research where I analyzed the fan bases of various RAP artists and shared a social graph on Twitter and Facebook. This graph illustrated the connections between different RAP artists and their audiences. This generated significant excitement and caught the attention of 10 major brands and 1 investor.
    Florian Myter
    @kinzarra Awesome, reminds me how the CEO of Figma wrote a graph tool to visualise design influencers on twitter and how they shared audiences.
    Pam K.
    Cold calling or emailing is the most economically painful type of marketing. Yet, many businesses make this a norm. The most effective way to generate new revenue and to acquire new customers is to revisit old customers. You literally kill two snakes with one stone arrow.
    Florian Myter
    @silisolutionist True, but you'll need to get customers for them to become old in the beginning 😅
    Pam K.
    @florian_myter That goes without saying. :-)