• Subscribe
  • Web & Design Agency stories thread.

Eva Maganja
    7 replies
    Have you ever worked with a web and design agency that charged by the hour and left you feeling disconnected from the designer? I've heard some wild stories - from not getting the desired outcome to feeling like your ideas aren't being taken seriously. It's frustrating when you can't communicate directly with the person bringing your vision to life. Do you have any stories to share? I'm all ears! Here are a few of mine:

Replies

David J. Kim
    I've worked with design agencies that charged per project, and it's a much better experience for us. IMO when they charge by the hour they put in more hours than necessary and drag things out. Per project means they want to deliver the most value as soon as they can.
    Eva Maganja
    @between_team Agree! What are your thoughts on the Subscription model Design agency?
    David J. Kim
    @evamaganja Hmmm, I'm not sure. It could be better than hourly rate if they know that I'll probably keep my subscription even when I'm not actively using them. Worth a shot though.
    Eva Maganja
    I once hired an agency that charged per hour, and the designer was working on a logo design for three weeks. They refused to show us any work in progress, and when we finally received the design, it was terrible. It was nothing like what we had communicated to the manager, and we were very unhappy with the results. To make matters worse, communication with the designer was almost impossible, and we had a terrible conversation with the agency. Neither party was satisfied, and it made me, as the client, feel uncomfortable. The agency insisted that we pay for three weeks of work, but we were unhappy with the results and didn’t feel like we should have to pay for something that didn’t meet our expectations.
    mikou e
    I never had a good experience with agencies.