• Subscribe
  • 0-1300 Paid users in 8 months

Yash
    5 replies
    Hey folks, we're launching the v2.0 of AppSumo today, as of today, Olly has 1300 paid customers. We first launched in January, and this is our second launch. See our today's launch in comments ⬇️ Here's how our post launch looked like: - The Idea Phase I noticed that social media platforms often provide generic, short replies like "Congrats" or "Great!" But why can't these be more natural and engaging? That's where Olly came in - an extension to generate human-sounding replies across all social media platforms. - Development Despite my background in product leadership, I had to learn to code. I spent two months learning Chrome extension development, often putting in 4-5 hours daily for the past 8 months. I leveraged AI tools like Claude and ChatGPT for boilerplate code, focusing my efforts on logic, UX, and flow. - V1 Launch on Product Hunt We hit #5 Product of the Day with 471 upvotes, which was insane for a small team. This launch brought in our first 100 paid users. - Growth Phase We faced some challenges and doubts initially. I even lost interest at one point. But things picked up when we: > Launched on AppSumo > Got positive testimonials > Listed on other marketplaces > Focused on SEO and content creation - Community Building We set up a Discord channel where users could provide feedback and request features. This direct interaction has been crucial in shaping Olly's development. - AppSumo Launch This was a game-changer. We priced it low but gained 1000 users. The feedback, both positive and negative, has been invaluable for improving the product. - Continuous Improvement We're constantly updating based on user feedback. If you're in our Discord, you'll see updates almost daily. - Looking Ahead We're now focusing on the v2 launch, which includes: > Plans for businesses > Working on our own LLMs > Continual feature updates for premium users - Key Takeaways: > Start with a novel idea > Be willing to learn and do the work yourself > Launch early and iterate based on feedback > Build a community around your product > Use platforms like Product Hunt and AppSumo for exposure > Always listen to your users If you're an Olly customer, stay tuned for exciting new features coming your way. And please, keep that feedback coming - it's the lifeblood of our development process. Thanks for being part of this journey. Here's to the next 1300 users and beyond!

Replies

Yogesh Gaikwad
    incredible milestone of 1300 paid users! It's inspiring to see your journey from idea to successes and improvements. Keep up the great work!
    Yash
    Olly - Your AI Social Media Co-Pilot
    Olly - Your AI Social Media Co-Pilot
    Here's our launch link: https://www.producthunt.com/post...
    Prashant
    Wonderful journey.
    Prashant Ranjan
    Congratulations on the success of Olly! It's inspiring to see your hard work paying off.
    Geeta Belani
    Its an inspiring journey, long way to go!